Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer has disappered

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
ricnutt6
Explorer

BBC iPlayer has disappered

On my BD370 the Internet Content icon for BBC iPlayer has dissapered to be replced by 3 Spanish icons - Thursday 10th May 2012 - any ideas how  I get it back

Dyslexia rules  Model number is BDP-S570

Another message suggested power cycling the unit, which I have done to no effect.

Just noticed that I also got the e-mail reffered to below, which I had not actioned - so I gave it a go.

Surprise surprise it switched to a Spanish site when I clicked update.

Looks like Sony have screwed up home nation.

My emial address is a .com I wonder?????

Message was edited by: ricnutt6

Message was edited by: ricnutt6

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi all

Just checked with the engineers on the Spanish service issue. They have explained its probably because a particular ISP which might have bought an IP block which was previously owned by a Spanish ISP (and used in Spain). These geoip databases take some time to update, in some cases 1-2 months.

Easy fix is simply reboot your modem or force it to get a new IP address from the ISP and it should then switch to a UK IP address. You can also check on your PC where your ISP thinks you are presently located. Then refresh the services on your device and it should repopulate with UK listings.

Hopefully this should fix the issue.

Thanks

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Moke123
Visitor

I've got the same problem  on my KDL-40HX803.  The iPlayer icon and the Lovefilm icon have both disappeared and I have several new Spanish ones.    In the last few days, so timing similiar to yours.    I got an email from Sony a week or two back, which I didn't read immediately , but it said I need to convert my Sony Essentials account to a Sony Entertainment Network account or things would stop working.   So I've done that conversion (with difficulty) but has had no effect.  I'm going to email Sony Customer Services....

profile.country.GB.title
ricnutt6
Explorer

Made some changes to my original e-mail

I have just gone into the details for the product registration, which shows a location of - Amazon.

Which is who it was bought from not where it is located, but I can't see a way to amend it.

Might have to de-register and then register it all again - what a pain.

Moke123
Visitor

Ha ha, yes I got the Spanish website too when I tried to convert.   I tried Unlinking my TV from my Sony account then linking it up to a brand new  Sony Entertainment Network account that I set upfrom Scratch (couldn't "convert" due to web page I got taken to being all in Spanish).  That had no effect.   I spent about an hour raising it as a problem via the Sony Customer Service email form (which involved creating yet another Sony account!).  No reponse yet.

mistarurdd
Visitor

The same here but I have not received any post or notifications either via e-mail or post.

Before i go off and create new accounts with SEN as mentioned. Can someone please confirm whether this once that the player / device has been reset and the new account details associated with the device- did it work for them ?

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi all

Just checked with the engineers on the Spanish service issue. They have explained its probably because a particular ISP which might have bought an IP block which was previously owned by a Spanish ISP (and used in Spain). These geoip databases take some time to update, in some cases 1-2 months.

Easy fix is simply reboot your modem or force it to get a new IP address from the ISP and it should then switch to a UK IP address. You can also check on your PC where your ISP thinks you are presently located. Then refresh the services on your device and it should repopulate with UK listings.

Hopefully this should fix the issue.

Thanks

Moke123
Visitor

No, creating a new account did not work for me.

Moke123
Visitor

Thanks Catmambo, that worked for me:   pressed Reset button on modem, let it settle down for a few minutes then pressed Home / Settings / Network / Refresh Internet Content on TV.   iPlayer etc reappeared and Spanish services have gone.

mistarurdd
Visitor

Thanks.. that sort of worked;)

I tried resetting router in order to obtain new ip address, it did but there was no change at the blu ray player end.

So then i configured my router to use my static ip (lot of faffing about) still no success and i need that static for something else.

I tried changing a number of network settings etc. with no success. I then did full factory reset (you will know that this is the case when it runs autosetup.

Even then it still showed spanish channels and no iplayer or lovefilm.. then i chose to open Youtube and once that it had connected to the service via the sony platform when i returned out of Youtube to the main menu.. the menu was back as it should be.

I would suggest that you probably only need to:

Reset the router (but make sure that it does have a new ip address - usually visible in Router Status screen - remember that it will not be the address 192.168.n.n.!

Then try Sony.. start it up, select Youtube from the menu and when you quit see if it picks up UK platform settings.

If not then factory reset the sony, and repeat the last step.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
ricnutt6
Explorer

Thanks - That worked

My ISP is Plusnet (BT) for future reference