Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer not working for BDP-S185 Blu-ray

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
verdig
Visitor

BBC iPlayer not working for BDP-S185 Blu-ray

Have done a reset, tested the Internet/Network OK and got the latest Firmware update but this week BBC iPlayer will not get anywhere near it's usual 6-10 Mbps speed and either just stops after a few seconds or reports "Content error."

Channel 5 and Love Film previews working fine, as usual. Just iPlayer that won't work.

I have a reliable 10Mbps BE broadband connection, which speedtests fine.

Is anyone else having a problem or is it just me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
timodell

Yes. it appears to be a widespread problem with all Sony Blu Rays and possibly Brava internet TVs too. Don't think its a recent Sony softeware update issue (as mine at least on the BDP S 370 hasn't changed for months) but more likely a recent BEEB update that has compatibility problems. I am awaiting a reply from iplayer help. Note this on their top5 faq page

Streaming Programmes – Why am I having problems trying to stream (click to play) programmes?

We are currently investigating user reports of the following issues:

• Programmes buffer when previously they didn't
  • Pausing a programme will result in audio being out of sync with video playback.
  • Video freezes while the sound continues

When further information is available, we'll update this FAQ.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
timodell

Yes. it appears to be a widespread problem with all Sony Blu Rays and possibly Brava internet TVs too. Don't think its a recent Sony softeware update issue (as mine at least on the BDP S 370 hasn't changed for months) but more likely a recent BEEB update that has compatibility problems. I am awaiting a reply from iplayer help. Note this on their top5 faq page

Streaming Programmes – Why am I having problems trying to stream (click to play) programmes?

We are currently investigating user reports of the following issues:

• Programmes buffer when previously they didn't
  • Pausing a programme will result in audio being out of sync with video playback.
  • Video freezes while the sound continues

When further information is available, we'll update this FAQ.

verdig
Visitor

Thanks for the info timodell.

edmoriarty
Visitor

Hello, If this helps. I use the BDP-S185 too, and my Iplayer started buffering badly a couple of weeks ago, having been perfect before. I also have a LG Netcast TV, and the problem is isentical, and started at the same time: the programme plays for 5 mins approx, then buffers for 1 min approx, plays again for 5 seconds, then buffers, plays again for 5 seconds etc etc. Iplayer works fine on my network via laptop and ipad. NB I use TalkTalk and my speed is 10-15 mbps. Please update when you have more news

verdig
Visitor

Mine was a problem with BE Broadband.

There was nothing wrong with the actual Bluray player, or BBC iPlayer.

They re-routed this sort of internet traffic a few days later and it has been fine since.

Strange that it affected iPlayer use on my Bluray only and not on the PC.

Could be an issue with Talk Talk in your case so you could check their forums.