Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S185 Picture Format

profile.country.en_GB.title
Ufed55
Visitor

BDP-S185 Picture Format

How do I get a full height picture as Pan & Scan (with and without Fixed Aspect Ratio) makes no difference?  Other makes of DVD that I own have a zoom function to elimate the black areas at the top and bottom.  I have the BDP-S185 linked via HDMI to a Sony KDL-40V2000 TV.

3 REPLIES 3
swanster
Visitor

I have exactly the same issue - nothing seems to change the format despite using the options mentioned above.

Any help would be most welcome.

Ufed55
Visitor

According to Sony, a full screen cannot be obtained as this feature is not available for my combination of Blu-ray player and TV.  So I will have to put up with letterbox format.  I thought that buying a Sony blu-ray to go with my Sony TV was a good move but I now wish I had tried another manufacturer.

Sharpy82
Visitor

Yep im another with the same problem!got the player as an xmas present so havent had it long.Brilliant item apart from this full screen problem.its not every film it happens with tho.On my TV i can usual change the ratio with a click of the button (jus change it to cinema and it removed the borders , well that was the case with my old sony dvd player) but with this blu ray player it wont let me change from 16:9 on my tv.ive tried changin the settings on the player as was stated above but yer no change with either aswel.its not the end of the world like but it wuld be nice 2 be able to watch films full screen.c'mon sony maybe an update for it???????? :wink: