Join now - be part of our community!

Bdp-s490 picture freeze

profile.country.GB.title
Smaccy
Explorer

Bdp-s490 picture freeze

Has anyone else experienced a problem with blue ray playback locking up the player and requiring a power cycle to reset. The bdp-s490 I have had for a few months has played without problem, but I have just received the Bourne trilogy on blue ray and approx 10 minutes in on the Bourne identity the player locks up and refuses to respond to the controls and requires the plug to be removed to power down and reset. It continues to lock up when fast forwarded past the previous issues. I've just received a replacement set from amazon and the same thing happens. The latest software download is also confirmed. Any ideas anyone?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.pl_PL.title
qrak_q
Visitor

I'm having exactly the same problem with Bourne Identity Bluray. I've updated firmware to the latest revision but that didn't help. Since the problem can be reproduced maybe someon could provide some insight what's the problem?

Message was edited by: qrak_q

I have just encountered the same problem here. Do you have any fix or work around?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have you tried doing a firmware update (if any available) and factory reset?  A long shot, but can cure issues.

Cheers