Join now - be part of our community!

STR 1040 no audio through SBR and SBL

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
tommytinkroom
Explorer

STR 1040 no audio through SBR and SBL

Tried different sound fields,speaker patteren is on 3/4.1.Test tone has test sound through all speakers and SW apart from SBR and SBL.

No loose connections on amp or speakers.Has been working ok up untill today.Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tommytinkroom
Explorer

Hi glowworm,I tried every speaker configuration i could find but nothing would fix it,so as a last resort i phoned customer support.

Well the tech guy took me through everything i had already tried apart from disconnecting the speakers from the amp and reconnecting, and the same from the speakers,and for some reason it fixed it.I don't know how,because i had checked the amp and speakers for loose connections and they were all in nice and tight.It's just one of those mysteries.Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
glowworm
Explorer

How many speakers have you got attached ???

I use front(l&r),centre,sw and surround (l/r) 3/2.1 and configure front(l&r) as bi-amp, and it works fine. If you have  back(l&r) you need to setup that configuration in the menu. Try the Test Tone from the speaker menu to test.

tommytinkroom
Explorer

Thanks for your reply.I have 7 speakers and 1 subwoofer,my setup is the same as yours except my SBL and SBR are set as back.

I can't seem to find the option in the menu to change l&r  to front or back,i've been on there before but i can't find it again.

glowworm
Explorer

AMP/HOME into Settings
Then Speakers

One way is Manual Speaker config, I guess 3/4.1 for your setup and it will assign them as SBR/SBL, don't forget to save the config. Then try the Test Tone.

Otherwise plug in the setup mic and use automatic and IIRC the option panel for Bi Amp/Back Surround/High Front appears.

tommytinkroom
Explorer

Hi glowworm,I tried every speaker configuration i could find but nothing would fix it,so as a last resort i phoned customer support.

Well the tech guy took me through everything i had already tried apart from disconnecting the speakers from the amp and reconnecting, and the same from the speakers,and for some reason it fixed it.I don't know how,because i had checked the amp and speakers for loose connections and they were all in nice and tight.It's just one of those mysteries.Thanks for your help.