Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-E6100 won't recognize WD Elements 2 TB external hard drive

fubong
New

BDV-E6100 won't recognize WD Elements 2 TB external hard drive

Hi,

I have a BDV-E6100 home cinema system and two external hard drives -WD My Passport Ultra 1 TB and a WD Elements 2 TB. My Passport 1 TB is recognized by the player without any problems but Elements 2 TB is not. Any help/suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Robert

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

From my experience the 2TB WD Elements is a good HDD in regards to compatibility with Sony Products.  Although I cannot find the specs in the manual, it is advisable to ensure that the HDD is formatted as FAT32 - as this has been mostly supported by Sony products.

Cheers

fubong
New

Hi!

Thanks a lot for your reply. Nevertheless both external hard drives are NTFS and still one of the works the other one does not...

Wondering what the hell is the problem...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Indeed you are correct - the BDV-E6100 does support NTFS:

https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-specs/BDV-E6100/list

However your problem remains - Unfortunately I do not know why 1 HDD  works where-as the other does not.  The only thing I can see is Sony's standard disclaimer on page 63 of the manual HERE - "Some USB devices may not work with this system"

Unless another forum member has any other ideas, I would suggest contacting Sony support if you wish to persist with this, but at the end of the day, they may just refer to their disclaimer above.

Cheers

fubong
New

Thanks a lot for the effort! I will try to contact Sony then, have a good one!

WarnaRana
New

Did u manage to get it working ?