"Playback prohibited by region code"

I thought this machine was region free

Any ideas how to reset please

Thanks

Paul

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Paul, I don't have any experience with this first hand, but I just had a look at the support page for the BDP-S1100 where you can find the manual and on p30 it states: "Region code (BD-ROM/DVD VIDEO only) Your player has a region code printed on the rear of the unit and will only play BD-ROMs/DVD VIDEOs labelled with identical region codes or ALL". (ALL is actually an image of a globe with the word ALL - do you have that as a region code perhaps?) I also found this help article which states: "The Blu-ray Disc device or drive will support playback of Blu-ray Disc purchased in the same region unless otherwise specified in the player or computer documentation. In other words, computers and Blu-ray Disc players purchased in countries corresponding to region A can play back Blu-ray Discs for region A, but cannot play back Blu-ray Discs for region B or region C. (The exception is a disc, player or drive coded as Region FREE.) The same will be true for a computer or Blu-ray Disc player purchased in another region." So unless you have region code: "ALL" or "FREE" it seems it might not be supported. Best, Arthur.