Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth Feature Of HT-CT80

profile.country.BG.title
rosenstiv
New

Bluetooth Feature Of HT-CT80

I successfully paired a Sony HT-CT80 soundbar with my home PC operating on Windows XP. For this reason I installed an ASSUS bluetooth dongle 4.0

After pairing a desktop icon for "HT-CT80 HEADSET" was created. But, my device is a soundbar, in fact!

Upon running the Windows Media Player on my PC the music is heared through the soundbar.
But, in this time the sound to the desktop speakers cuts.
How to play the music both through the HT-CT80 soundbar and PC desktop speakers simultaneously?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi rosenstiv, 

Welcome to the community.

I’m not sure that you can play the music both through the HT-CT80 soundbar and PC desktop speakers at the same time. It might be worth getting in touch with the PC manufacturer, or contacting Sony Support about this. 

Thanks, 

Pascale_F

profile.country.BG.title
rosenstiv
New

Thank you, dear Pascale_F,

I followed your suggestion and contacted the Sony Support.

Unfortunatelly, the reply I received was more than formal - the Sony help center provided me with the PDF of user manual... It is pitty...I informed that I already successfully paired that soundbar with my PC, using that same procedure described in the manual...

Further I intend to try with a number of soundcards - maybe I could find one which allows setting of manually turning desctop speakers On/Off.

Or, try to find some detailed information for alternative Sony drivers for bluetooth speakers. Maybe the solution could be to exchange the driver.

If I reach any further success, I will share my experience with the community.

Thank you again!

Rosen.