Join now - be part of our community!

Can't see iplayer on BDP-S370

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mudkipper
Visitor

Can't see iplayer on BDP-S370

I have a BDP-S370 Blu-ray player and have updated the firmware to M03.R.694 but no sign of the BBC iPlayer. The unit was purchased from Pixmania selling into the UK market but it is a French unit. Could this be the problem? I would have thought that iplayer restrictions were based on ip address and as far as I can see the M03.R.694 firmware downloads from the UK and French service sites are identical.

Has anyone else had this problem or know what can be done?

Tags (2)
81 REPLIES 81
kellytica
Visitor

I'm also sorted this morning

Well done Sony support for reacting both quickly & positively.

pauparma
New

Thanks Ed all working now too, job well done by Sony and confidence restored.

For those who don't know how to refresh, do the following:

Navigate to Setup Menu > Resetting > Initialize Personal Info > OK

Navigate to Photo or Music and underneath you will see option to connect to Internet Video. Select this and your player will reconnect to internet and download latest options including iPlayer.

Cheers

Currambo
Visitor

Yep, woke up this morning and i now have iPlayer!

Really impressed how fast you got this fixed... assuming it was due to the fact sony changed something...

Thanks for the help!!

profile.country.GB.title
bobsony
Explorer

what was fixed?

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi all

Glad its working, seemingly all that was needed was a minor change on our authentication server which was carried out overnight by colleagues in San Diego.

Thanks to everyone here for raising it and glad we could effect a prompt solution.

Kind regards

profile.country.GB.title
bobsony
Explorer

Hold on a bit.

this "prompt solution", whilst ultimately welcome, did not come before various people had to return items, incurring postal charges, burning thier time in the process.

If sony had advised how a consumer could have identified a "grey import", this issue could have been escalated much quicker. Adhering to "it's a gey import - return it to the supplier" left us with no way to go!

disappointed.

byonder25
Visitor

So, now that the issue with the BBC iPlayer has been resolved, I was wondering whether it is normal for the Music tab to just display the Berliner Philarmoniker and the NPR widgets in the UK (see attached picture).

Catmambo
Contributor

Thats correct. Qriocity Music when it launches will sit under there also as well as a few other music services, but we try and ensure that relevant services sit under the suitable tab.

mshelley
New

I have a BDP-S470 which was purchased in Europe (as a gift for me).

I registered the product on Essentials it says it is a "BDP-S470/BR EC2" and I have upgraded to the latest firmware.

I have Channel 5, Lovefilm etc. but no iPlayer in the menu.

I have read on a few forums that this was originally thought to be because the player was not purchased in the UK but reading this discussion it sounds like that doesn't matter. As long as I am in the UK (Which I am) and I have done the "Initialize Personal Info" it should give me iPlayer. But it does not.

Is there a problem again? Does the "authentication server" need to be fixed again for EC2 models Ed?

Please Help!

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

No this would be related to my original hypothesis around European units not having the compatible software build to enable iPlayer unfortunately. So iPlayer will not work on this device I'm afraid.

Thanks