Join now - be part of our community!

Composite in on DH520

profile.country.nl_NL.title
ph0b0s1989
Visitor

Composite in on DH520

Hi guys,

So, I have this issue and I must be doing something wrong because I can't seem to figure it out.

My situation is as follows:

Ik have a cable box with a scart connection. On this connection I want the video send to my receiver and the audio will be send through the optical to the SAT/CATV input on my receiver. On the scart output of the cable box I have put a converter plug to convert the signal to composite. From here a composite cable runs to the SAT/CATV input on the receiver, The audio port remain empty.

The setting on the receiver is as follows:

When I go to the SAT/CATV chanel and go to menu --> v.assign --> SAT--> COMP

According to the manual I should receive video on my screen through the composite chanel but it doesn't. There is just no signal.

The audio over optical cable works great but I just can't get the video over composite to work.

What am I doing wrong or how can I solve this?

The cable box is a samsung dcb-b270R

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,,

forget video through the amp thats a waste of time, leave the optical cable where it is and connect the scart from your CATV box straight to your tv, when using the amp just turn the volume down on yout tv with the tv remote and thats it.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
ph0b0s1989
Visitor

Yeah that's exacly what I did but I thought it would be easier if I didn't have to change the chanel of the TV when I switch the chanels since I do that a lot between my xbox, cable box and AC Ryan media player.

Or is your point that it isn't possible?