Join now - be part of our community!

DVD Recorder RDR-HXD790

profile.country.GB.title
Tarporley
New

DVD Recorder RDR-HXD790

i have had an rdr-hxd790 from new 2010 . i also have a sony bravia tv. i experience constant problems trying to record from the tv. it keeps recording what appears to be black and white fuzzy screen on title playback . is this an input problem settings problem. can anyone assist please.if not the recorder goes in the bin fed up with trying to work it out for four years. thanks Martin

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I don't know much about these at all, but it sounds as though you are recording the old analoge signal. 

• Ensure that you have connected it up correctly - see page 18 of the manual
  • Ensure that you have tuned the RDR... in correctly using the Digital TV system (and not analoge) - Page 30 of the manual
  • When recording, ensure that you are recording using the Freeview EPG - Page 53 of the manual

Manual located : HERE

Hope this assists.

Cheers

profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi all!

Also, what kind of TV-RDR connection you use?

I think that you must use only SCART cord!

“RGB signals are not output when using the HDMI connections” (pg. 24 & 131 on manual)

SCART cord must be with full 21pins and connected on:

-LINE 3-TV on RDR and

-SCART INPUT with SMARTLINK on TV

Be careful, as even Quinnicus wrote, on Aerial Cable connection that must be type (A) or (B) (pg. 18-19)

Jannis  

PS

I purchased some years ago, a RDR with only “analog receiver”. So in order to register Digital TV progs (via SCART cable) I use SCART + HDMI, even if on notes says that, it must not be used two connections at the same time! On my “analog” RDR all works fine!

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)