Join now - be part of our community!

Dvd Sony x700 no connection from projector via a selector. Old DVD player no problem!?

rach4.N
New

Dvd Sony x700 no connection from projector via a selector. Old DVD player no problem!?

Can anyone work out why I can’t get a connection from my projector via a selector using my new dvd player please?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@rach4.N 

How do you mean, “won’t connect”? You are linking the devices with an HDMI cable, yes? So what happens when you try to use it - pink screen, black screen, error message screen?

At a guess, your selector can’t handle 4K.

Do things work if you connect the UHD player directly to the projector, without making any other changes?

If not, do they work if you bust the UHD player down to HD, (4K Upscale Off, Output Video Resolution as low as it will go), trying both direct and via selector?

If still no go, please quote the make and model of the projector, the make and model of the selector, and the make and model of the old DVD player.

Please also tell us what discs you have tried this with - UHD disc, HD BluRay, DVD?

Also the spec of the HDMI cables you are using - High Speed or Ultra High Speed? Certified or not?

Next, get your paper manual, or download this:-

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/4698/6014f2c77e20f44605ea8821bf88a55b/46984071M...
and work methodically through the TroubleShooting, page 25 onwards.

Please report back what fixed it, if it’s fixed, or what the results of testing have been, if not.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…