Join now - be part of our community!

HDR support with XD930 + DH790 + NVIDIA Shield?

SOLVED
profile.country.FI.title
Vaikoog
New

HDR support with XD930 + DH790 + NVIDIA Shield?

Hi,

I just bought the DH790 AVR to go with the existing XD930 TV and NVIDIA Shield. I have now connected Shield with HDMI cable to the DH790 and from it with another HDMI cable to the XD93's HDMI 4 ARC connector.

According to the DH790's manual it's supposed to support all the fancy HDR10/Dolby Vision modes but the only Rec.2020 modes Shield shows are for YUV 422 12 bit up to 30 Hz. For 59.94 Hz there's only 8 bit modes and they  are not enough for HDR10.

So doesn't the DH790 support HDR10 at 4k60 at all?

If I would connect Shield to XD93 and that to the DH790 then I think I would lose the support e.g. for Dolby Atmos?

Thanks for the support already in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.FI.title
Vaikoog
New

This was an user error. I had enabled the "enchanced" HDMI mode on the TV earlier but not for all HDMI inputs. And now with the new DH790 I used the HDMI 4 ARC input on the TV and that was set to "standard" mode.

So at least now Shield sees all the modes. I still don't get a signal but maybe that's due to bad cable etc.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.FI.title
Vaikoog
New

This was an user error. I had enabled the "enchanced" HDMI mode on the TV earlier but not for all HDMI inputs. And now with the new DH790 I used the HDMI 4 ARC input on the TV and that was set to "standard" mode.

So at least now Shield sees all the modes. I still don't get a signal but maybe that's due to bad cable etc.