Join now - be part of our community!

How do I access BD Live?

profile.country.en_GB.title
iagibso49

How do I access BD Live?

This is nothing to do with ISPs. I have a BDP S470. If I try to do BDLIVE in the Blu-Ray menu it says the player does not have enough storage.

There is obviously a massive design fault with all Sony Blu-Ray players. People should return them immediately for a full refund.

4 REPLIES 4
iagibso49

Can we have an update from Sony please on the issue of non functioning with BDLIVE and iPlayer? This is an absolute disaster.

Catmambo
Contributor

You need to use a USB storage device to access BDLIVE. I think there are more details in the manual. BDLive is totally independent of the ISPs.

Thanks

iagibso49

How the hell can I connect a USB storage device to the rear when I've got a WiFi dongle connected to it? Connecting storage to the front has no effect.

Teddy_Westside
Explorer

The manual states (on page 14) that the storage USB stick or drive  must be attached to the rear port. The dongle should work in the front  port. The opposite would be more logical (who needs to have easy access  to the Wi-fi dongle once attached?) but that's the way Sony's designed  it.

So, if you have dongle in the front port and  storage in the rear one, it should work. Just make sure the stick is  FAT32 formatted, not NTFS as the player won't recognise that file  system. To format it correctly, install the stick in a computer open up  "My Computer" (or equivelent window in your operating system) and  right-click the USB stick/drive. Clik the option to format it and be  sure to select "FAT32". Obviously, make sure there are no files on the  drive which you wish to keep before formatting. Remove the drive and insert in the S470's rear port.

I think saying there's a massive design fault and everyone should return their players is a bit extreme 😉 Sony have definitely made an illogical desgin decision but the player does work as the manual says it should. As for iPlayer, it works faultlessly on my 470 which I've had since Christmas Day 2010.