Join now - be part of our community!

how do i connect my bdve870 to skyhd

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
stmorri3368
Visitor

how do i connect my bdve870 to skyhd

The manual says i need either a digital coaxial cord or audio cord. I dont see a digital output or input on my skyhd box confused please help what cable do i need?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
x20mike
Explorer

I've just done this.

There is a socket for a "Coaxial Digital Audio Cable" on the back of the Sky box and there is also a socket for an "Optical Digital Audio Cable". They're right next to each other.

I have the BDV-E370 and if it operates in the same way as the BDV-E870 there are corresponding sockets on the back of that unit.

In theory you can use either a coaxial cable or the optical one but the Sony manual suggests connecting the Coaxial Digital cable from the Sky box and an Optical cable from the TV.

I bought a "Coax Digital Cable" off ebay, it only cost a couple of quid and works fine. Its very similar to the coax cable that connects your aerial to your tv, but is better quality and screened to carry the digital signals.

Once the cable is connected, you need to select this as the sound input source on the Sony unit by pressing the FUNCTION button on the control.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
x20mike
Explorer

I've just done this.

There is a socket for a "Coaxial Digital Audio Cable" on the back of the Sky box and there is also a socket for an "Optical Digital Audio Cable". They're right next to each other.

I have the BDV-E370 and if it operates in the same way as the BDV-E870 there are corresponding sockets on the back of that unit.

In theory you can use either a coaxial cable or the optical one but the Sony manual suggests connecting the Coaxial Digital cable from the Sky box and an Optical cable from the TV.

I bought a "Coax Digital Cable" off ebay, it only cost a couple of quid and works fine. Its very similar to the coax cable that connects your aerial to your tv, but is better quality and screened to carry the digital signals.

Once the cable is connected, you need to select this as the sound input source on the Sony unit by pressing the FUNCTION button on the control.

stmorri3368
Visitor

thanks that solves my problem