Join now - be part of our community!

How to turn on AV Receiver without TV sometimes?

SOLVED
Dr-Rob
Explorer

How to turn on AV Receiver without TV sometimes?

Hi,

I have a STR-DH820 and KDL-42W807A, and use HDMI control so that turning on one automatically turns on the other, which is great.

Except - when I plug my phone into the front audio port on the AV Receiver and switch on, the TV turns on but has nothing to display.  If I turn off the TV, the AV Receiver turns off.

Is there any way to turn off the TV, leaving the AV Receiver on, without disabling HDMI control?

Thanks,

Rob.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

For my knowledge is not possible to customize the way the HDMI CEC work depending on the functionality used on the receiver: it will always shut down the receiver if the tv is turned off. The only possible alternative I may suggest is to turn off the HDMI control and use a programmable remote (i.e. Harmony Logitech) set up according to your needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

For my knowledge is not possible to customize the way the HDMI CEC work depending on the functionality used on the receiver: it will always shut down the receiver if the tv is turned off. The only possible alternative I may suggest is to turn off the HDMI control and use a programmable remote (i.e. Harmony Logitech) set up according to your needs.

RicBozz
New

I must I must be completely misunderstanding. It would be crazy for Sony to make me watch the TV when all I wanted to do is listen to my receiver. Please tell me this is not the case. I can't believe I have to keep the TV on to listen to music.