Join now - be part of our community!

Høyttalerimpedansen til TA-AN1000 er 6-16 ohm.

SOLVED
profile.country.NO.title
japlewa77
Explorer

Høyttalerimpedansen til TA-AN1000 er 6-16 ohm.

Høyttalerimpedansen til TA-AN1000 er 6-16 ohm. Det er imidlertid ingen informasjon om impedansjustering. Betyr dette at høyttalerne kan brukes i dette området 6-16ohm ?  Jeg har et 8ohm 5.1 sett og jeg vil koble til 2  6ohm høyttalere som front B

The speaker impedance of the TA-AN1000 is 6-16 ohms. However, there is no information about impedance adjustment. Does this mean that the speakers can be used in this area? I have an 8ohm 5.1 set and I want to connect 2 6ohm speakers as front B

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@japlewa77 

Connect them how?

If the amp has a separate set of connections for each, that will be fine.

Otherwise, if you connect them in series, the impedance will be 12 ohms, which is fine.

But if you connect them in parallel, the impedance will be 3 ohms, which is not fine.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@japlewa77 

They won’t. But the extra speakers may be louder or quieter than the others, so separate volume control may be useful, and the sound from them may be different from the others; but these will be normal characteristics of the speakers, nothing to do with 6 versus 8 ohms.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@japlewa77 

Connect them how?

If the amp has a separate set of connections for each, that will be fine.

Otherwise, if you connect them in series, the impedance will be 12 ohms, which is fine.

But if you connect them in parallel, the impedance will be 3 ohms, which is not fine.

profile.country.NO.title
japlewa77
Explorer

Amp has 7.1 channels for speakers. With the 5.1 setting (FR, FL including FA 8ohm), it is possible to connect two more speakers as FB, but these are 6ohm. And I wonder if these 2ohm differences will have any undesirable effect on the sound when I switch to A+B mode.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@japlewa77 

They won’t. But the extra speakers may be louder or quieter than the others, so separate volume control may be useful, and the sound from them may be different from the others; but these will be normal characteristics of the speakers, nothing to do with 6 versus 8 ohms.

profile.country.NO.title
japlewa77
Explorer

All speakers are of the same power. It will initially calibrate them automatically and then, if necessary, overclock them manually.

Thanks for the advice