Join now - be part of our community!

HT-CT790 issue, sub sound cuts in and out

profile.country.SE.title
Bergenek
New

HT-CT790 issue, sub sound cuts in and out

Hi!

A couple of weeks ago, my HT-CT790 subwoofer started to have problems with the sound cutting in and out. It cuts out for a second or two, and the comes back again. During this cut out, the green light turns off (no red, just off). The green light then comes back on again, when the sound comes back. Some days, this only occurs a couple of times. Other days, it happens constantly with a minute or two between the cut outs.

Both the soundbar and the subwoofer has been at the same place in my living room since purchase, so no changes in placement. The sub is aprox. 1 m from the soundbar. Yesterday though, I did move around the sub in the living room to rule out placement problems. No luck.

Also, I've made no changes in my home networking environment for a very long time. But, to rule out interference issues, I did turn off the wifi on the router yesterday. No luck. 

I'm hoping this is a firmware issue, since the system isn't under warranty anymore (the system is purchased 1,5 years ago). But, I read in a hifi forum (about an other brand, though) that it could be an amp issue. Anyone have any clue about this issue?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi Bergenek,

Welcome to the Community. It sounds like this may be an issue for the Customer Support team. You can contact them via this link: http://bit.ly/2mpk3fQ. Please let us know how you get on, and if there's anything else we can help you with from here, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Owen