Join now - be part of our community!

HT-SF 1300 Home Theatre System

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
madda65
Visitor

HT-SF 1300 Home Theatre System

Can I  watch 3D DVD's thro my HT-SF 1300 Home Theatre System on my 3D TV using HDMI 1.4 cables, or is it not compatible

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hughesged
Visitor

This is a compatibility issue ... the passthrough from the 3D blu ray player via the 'older' AV amp is not 'campatible'  for the required '3D' signal even though the cable is v1.4. The easiest solution is to connect the blu ray player directly using the v1.4 hdmi cable and connect the TV to the AV amp using an optical cable. This will 'work' but will not provide the full quality audio. The definitive solution is to use a '3D' v1.4 HDMI splitter (£25 -£40) . Connect the v1.4 hdmi from the blu ray player to the input on the splitter and v1.4 hdmi out to the TV and a v1.3 hdmi will do to connect to the AV amp.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Hughesged
Visitor

This is a compatibility issue ... the passthrough from the 3D blu ray player via the 'older' AV amp is not 'campatible'  for the required '3D' signal even though the cable is v1.4. The easiest solution is to connect the blu ray player directly using the v1.4 hdmi cable and connect the TV to the AV amp using an optical cable. This will 'work' but will not provide the full quality audio. The definitive solution is to use a '3D' v1.4 HDMI splitter (£25 -£40) . Connect the v1.4 hdmi from the blu ray player to the input on the splitter and v1.4 hdmi out to the TV and a v1.3 hdmi will do to connect to the AV amp.