Join now - be part of our community!

HXD870 not showing digital channels

SOLVED
rassilon

HXD870 not showing digital channels

I've got two HXD870 recorders, one upstairs and one in the living room. Had them for a few years with no trouble.

They were working fine this morning (19th July 2013) and then this afternoon whilst watching a DVD on the living room player, the screen went black but the sound carried on. I stopped the playback and then resumed it and it seemed ok.

This evening I tried to watch tv though it and all channels are black. The EPG guide will flash up for a second or two and then the screen will go black. It looks like some update has broken the recorders. The EPG shows several different colours (green etc and graphics) whereas it was mostly blue and while previously.

The upstairs recorder has the same problems. They are on different ariels. They both will playback recorded programs ok or DVDs. It tired doing a rescan and it found all the usual channels ok. The firmware was 1.65. I've updated it to 1.70 and did Easy Setup again including another channel scan but that hasn't fixed the problem,

I think its a software update problem because both recorders have stopped working at the same time.

33 REPLIES 33
profile.country.GB.title
Golfduck
New

YES    I have the same problem too.

Come on SONY - get it fixed please.   My children as screaming at me to fix it !!!

Tonty16
Explorer

I have the same problem - thought the recorder had finally had it! Did a factory reset and retune and all seems OK now..........apart from the Guide and recorded programmes screens are showing in a 4.3 screen instead of a 16.9 screen. This also happens now on playback of some discs. Tried changing various settings but cannot seem to change it. Any ideas?

Mr_Onion

If the PVR is tuned to a channel broadcasting a 4.3 program, then the guide and recorded list will show in 4.3 format

antkeel19
Explorer

I changed my tuner setting to "France" - which gave me back my pictures but no sensible EPG, then reset back to "England" and ALL was working again!!!

Tags (1)