Join now - be part of our community!

i have a sony bdp s370 blu ray player and sony kdl-19bx200 tv and have just bought the uwa-br100 to connect to the internet but i can't get it to work,(i keep getting cannot connect to dhcp server)anyone any ideas ?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
shaplad
Visitor

i have a sony bdp s370 blu ray player and sony kdl-19bx200 tv and have just bought the uwa-br100 to connect to the internet but i can't get it to work,(i keep getting cannot connect to dhcp server)anyone any ideas ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Very strange - maybe the dongle is faulty? Indeed give homeplugs a go - I'm a big fan of them as they are quick and very easy to use.

Thanks

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Catmambo
Contributor

You are using the dongle in your Blu-ray player right? Could try temporarily hardwiring it to update the firmware of the device and then try using the dongle again. More recent firmwares have improved connectivity so this may well 'bump start' it.

seano1
Visitor

I had similar problems with my E370 when connecting to the rear USB port. I tried the front USB port and that worked OK. After updating it's firmware automatically the rear port also started working. Might be worth a try.

shaplad
Visitor

yes im using the dongle in the bluray player ,it connects to the internet in wired mode but still no joy when trying to connect wirelessly,still same error message. it finds my wireless network ok and says wireless connection ok but internet access fails. tried the dongle in front and back of bluray still no good

Catmambo
Contributor

Have you updated the firmware of the Blu-ray player via your wired network??

shaplad
Visitor

yes it updated from R473 to R695 ,im on the verge of giving up now and trying to get a refund on my uwa br100,so much for the easy set up that is promised,

Catmambo
Contributor

Very strange as no reason why it shouldn't work. I've setup a fair few without any problem - maybe give the call centre a buzz and run a troubleshoot just to make sure its not anything else before returning it.

Maybe give homeplugs a go instead if the dongle still refuses to behave?

shaplad
Visitor

took your advice and gave the call centre a ring and never again,20 mins on phone (mostly on hold while looking in to it ) and their advice - is the machine turned on ? try resetting it,are you sure you are trying to connect wirelessly ? sorry we can't suggest anything else ,bye

if this is sony customer service well i wont be buying sony ever again.

Catmambo
Contributor

Sorry to hear that. Let me try and assist you here then...Few more things to try first :slight_smile:

DHCP is normally determined via your router, so might be worth making sure that it has the latest firmware and there isn;t a limit on the router as to how many devices can connect (ages ago I'd accidentally set a limit of 10 (not simultaneously, total unique devices), and it had hit that limit )How far away is your device from your router? Does it work wirelessly if you move it any closer? Its not in a wireless blackspot is it?

Not sure if we'd mentioned temporarily turning off your wifi encryption to see if that makes a difference?

Let me know if that makes a difference.

Thanks

shaplad
Visitor

thanks for your help,the uwa-br100 is about a foot away from the router (as i had to move everything to connect by wired) and is showing 100%  it picks up the wireless network fine but will not connect to the internet. i have reset  the tv ,blu ray and router , i have tried auto set up and manual set up but to no avail. i think i will try home plugs .