Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-46W905A and STR-DN1030 How to turn off Automatic sound field selection

profile.country.en_GB.title
2685danny
Explorer

KDL-46W905A and STR-DN1030 How to turn off Automatic sound field selection

I have the STR-DN1030 connected via HDMI1 to KDL-46W905A I want to use my TV remote (and sky) to adjust the sound this works with Bravia sync (and "ctrl for HDMI=ON" on the AV Receiver) but when I enable this feature it also enables the "optimum sound field for the selected scene" (in Sony opinion).Witch changes the sound field on my AVR every time I change an input on my AVR or change scene on my TV.

On most of the time all inputs are on Scene= "Cinema" and I want to use sound field= "pro logic II movie" but the Bravia Sync changes to "HD-D.C.S." witch sound awful (loads of echo) so every time I turn on my TV, switch input on AVR or Change Scene I have to change it back very annoying.

I have searched high and low in both manuals and on the menus for TV and AVR. Also I have looked the TV App "Home Theatre Control". I know I can turn off "Ctrl for HDMI"

Can you turn off the Automatic sound field selection without losing the volume control and other HDMI control functions? or change the assignment?

On the plus the "home theater contol" app and bravia sync features are great. just this really anoying bug that comes with this feature.

0 REPLIES 0