Join now - be part of our community!

My broken SONY SU-B400S and the horrendous service I received

profile.country.en_GB.title
AngryCustomer3123493
Visitor

My broken SONY SU-B400S and the horrendous service I received

An authorised service centre in the UK has looked at my sound system and found it to have a faulty power supply and data processing module. It is only 8 months old and covered by the manufacturer's warranty. You would think this is a simple thing to to repair, right???

Nope, seeing as I have moved from the country where I originally purchased my SONY products they have washed their hands of me and are running as fast away from the problem as they can. Instead of sending a small new power supply to the authorised repair centre in the UK .. I am expected to package up a massive 2 meter long box with the faulty product and begin a complicated process of dealing with a reseller whose representatives do not speak English.

I would love to know why ...

Why SONY products are breaking within the first year?

Why SONY is avoiding their reponsibility in repairing this through an authorised repair centre (regardless of the country)?

Why SONY would treat a customer who has spend significant amounts of money on their products in this way?

Why SONY customer care are dismissive on the phone when I am trying to sort this out?

I am at a loss here...

3 REPLIES 3
wonneil
Explorer

Doesn't sound at all right, but unfortunately this forum will be of even less help.

I posted a question about a receiver update on 19th Jan that still hasn't been answered by a Sony rep, and to make it worse someone then updated their identical receiver (three weeks after my initial question) with the same update that actually broke their one!

If I was you I would try AV Forums and see if anyone there has gone through the same thing?

Hope you get it sorted without having to ship to another country while still under warranty...

Bravia55HX

Hi,

this is a Sony Forum designed by Sony for Sony customers to use to air their questions, concerns and helpful hints and to share with others their experiences, it is my understanding that Sony reps do monitor these forums from time to time and are not nesessarily on hand 24/7 to answer specific questions.

if a problem or question is deemed urgent by the poster, then this should be directed to the support tab at the top of the page.

switching over to another forum will not always get the required answer, i also believe that if the item in question was purchased in Europe then the European guarantee should apply.

AngryCustomer3123493
Visitor

I have been PM'd by a moderator who has spoken to the SONY repair centre on my behalf and is getting a replacement sent out. He assures me that this should have happened in the first instance. He cannot understand the inflexibility of the Customer Information Centre on this issue (In Warranty Exchange) and is looking into why they did not help, or at least seek assistance from the core SONY care team which he maintains would have usually happened.

Regarding my use of this forum as a vehicle to seek assistance for an issue. I believe that SONY should be grateful that any customer should raise an issue via any space that the company themselves are responsibile for .. be it twitter, facebook, forums. The alternative is that these digital blackmarks will appear on one of the many external sites that they do not control and remain visible indefinitely. Even though the resolution from the moderator did take some time .. I am glad it did come. And that once contact was established, my issue was resolved by a competent person in a very short space of time.

I would encourage any SONY customer to do the same..