Join now - be part of our community!

PC to BDV-E280 to projector = No sound from E280??

profile.country.en_GB.title
imbloodyskintagain
Visitor

PC to BDV-E280 to projector = No sound from E280??

Have tried all sound options in the sony menu audio settings and no difference.

It works when,

PC HDMI OUT to Sony HDMI IN,

Sony HDMI OUT to Samsung TV HDMI IN and when Nothing is connected to The HDMI OUT of the sony,

YET,

As soon as I connect the HDMI OUT of the Sony to the HDMI IN of the projector the sound stops from the sony speakers??

Also, The PC States that the "Sonyamp" is no longer connected/plugged in, but it is?

So,

What seem to be happening is when I connect the sony to my projector the sony amp switchs off or disconnects from pc so resulting in no sound being able to travel from the pc to the sony???

Any help before I send this back?

Message was edited by: imbloodyskintagain

Message was edited by: imbloodyskintagain

4 REPLIES 4
imbloodyskintagain
Visitor

No one from sony want to help?

Gonna wait 2 days, then its going back to amazon.

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi - What version of the firmware are you running? Have you updated to the latest version? What content are you trying to output via the PC, does it happen with all sources?

Might be worth calling the callcentre as well so they can troubleshoot.

Thanks

imbloodyskintagain
Visitor

Hi,

Checked and running latest firmware.

Im playing movies via pc hdmi output to the sony hdmi input and then outputing the video signal via the sony hdmi output to an optoma hd33 projector, which gives me the video signal/picture from the hd33 but no sound from the sony speakers.

Now,

I do get pic and sound when,

pc hdmi output to sony hdmi(1 or 2) input then sony hdmi output connected to samsung tv hdmi input as expected.

Yet As soon as I connect the projector to the sony's hdmi output the sound disappears and I noticed on my pc it states that the "sonyamp" is disconnected.

I have tried all 3 of the audio output options,"speakers" - "speakers+hdmi" and "hdmi" and none of them make any difference.

imbloodyskintagain
Visitor

Well,

Sony support called me the otherday and after alot of messing and instructions we ended up havin to botch fix it by way of using hdmi from pc to hdmi in of bdve280 and avi from pc to avi of hd33 projector to be able to get sound from pc to sony.

But after I got off the phone with sony I tried a 3d movie only to realise the avi is no good for 3d playback/transfer, hence needing the hdmi 1.4a for the 3d.

So,

Still no fix and looking more likely gonna have to go through the hassle and cost of returning to shop 😞