Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with BDP-S790

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
bigredbus2

Problem with BDP-S790

I have been having a strange problem with my player. The player will play OK for about 1hr -1h30 but then goes into slow motion mode and won't come out of it. I thought I had resolved it when I did a complete system reset but apparently not. Has anyone else had this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
bigredbus2

Sony are replacing. So we can close this out.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Does this happen when playing DVD's/Blurays or only happens when streaming files?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
bigredbus2

Only when playing DVDs. I stream to the television (only)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting.....  Sorry I dont have a solution or even an explaination (yet)

When in "go-slow mode" does the actual play-back of the DVD stutter or is it the responsiveness of the DVD player itself (ie slow to stop, slow to play, slow to FF when pressing commands on the remote control)

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
bigredbus2

It is as though you have pressed the slow motion button on the player. Stopping it and starting it again, it does appear to run momentarily at the right speed only to go into slow motion again. It could be like a buffer filling up and instead of streaming out at normal speed, it comes out at slow speed and when you stop it, the buffer empties (a little) until you fill it up again by pressing play. When it goes into slow speed putting in a new DVD does not cure it. (I thought it might be a heat thing but we have played two or more DVDs without a problem. Leaving it for a day or so, it goes back to normal. I don't know if there is something in the data stream that causes this. I will have to play something else and look closely at waht it does.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The more I think about your issue, the more im convinced that its a hardware issue which cannot be resolved via the forums.  As you have done a factory reset - and im assuming that you have the latest firmware installed? - I think it might be best to contact an authorised Sony Repair Centre : HERE

Unfortunately I really don't know where the issue lies on this one to be honest - again, if its a memory/buffering issue, which is hardware.

Maybe another forum member has another idea

Good luck anyhow.

profile.country.GB.title
bigredbus2

Sony are replacing. So we can close this out.

Thanks,