Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD890 - Stuck in Standby, wont turn on

profile.country.en_GB.title
Designer_avatar
Visitor

RDR-HXD890 - Stuck in Standby, wont turn on

Hi, I hope someone can help. I live in London and since the digital change over, the DVD recorder is stuck in standby and wont turn on. I have removed the power lead and restarted the machine, but I still cant get it to start. The clock on the front panel is on & dimmed and there is noise coming form the hard drive, it even seems to reset itself if I hold the start button down for more than five seconds. Please help!

Tags (3)
11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.en_GB.title
Designer_avatar
Visitor

Hi rooobb,

I have just taken the recorder to a Sony approved repair centre to get a fault estimate at the cost of £20. They have told me that the DVD drive and it's pcb are not working and need replacing for a cost of £154. So therefore as far as I am concerned the recorder is now kaput and it is time to go out and buy a new one.

Thanks for all your help.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'm sorry and I agree that you cannot spend £154 for it. The only problem I see is that I didn't find in the market a dvd recorder as good as this one, it seems like they are disappearing. Sony doesn't produce them anymore (and the newer one, DC series, are not comparable with the HXD) and there is not a lot of choice in the market, maybe just panasonic but with very high price.