Join now - be part of our community!

rdr-Hxd890 unable to retain digital channel updates

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
kateevansdad
Visitor

rdr-Hxd890 unable to retain digital channel updates

I have updated the firmware and my recorder now indicates firmware of 1.24, however when I do a rescan although the channels come up ie Dave as D012, this info is lost when the recorder is put into standby.

Am I suffering from a simple memory battery failure of is it a EEPROM with no more writes left.

All contributions welcome

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kateevansdad
Visitor

Having read other of rooobb post he describes how to execute a factory reset. This is pressing the Stop and power buttons simultaneaously, then unplug for at least 30 seconds. This has been sucessful, and following a "quick set up" the channels survive a cycling of power.

Many thanks to rooobb

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Please kateevansdad, have a look at the forum before posting a new request: it is plenty of threads regarding the same issue. You just have to reset the recorder.

kateevansdad
Visitor

rooobb,

thank you for your input. I had looked at the streams and did not find what i wanted, perhaps I should clarify:

I have digital reception, but following the latest channel updates which created 4Seven and swapped Dave and Yesterday from channels 19 to 12, the changes show on the retune, but are lost when the recorder is set to standby.

The firmware version has been updated and shows as 1.24.

Any ideas please, and if all I need to do is reset the box then what method would you advise.

Thanks

kateevansdad
Visitor

Having read other of rooobb post he describes how to execute a factory reset. This is pressing the Stop and power buttons simultaneaously, then unplug for at least 30 seconds. This has been sucessful, and following a "quick set up" the channels survive a cycling of power.

Many thanks to rooobb

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I kateevansdad I didn't mean to be rude, but , as you have seen, it's a well known bug of the firmware that won't be fixed and, unfortunately, happens quite frequently. I'm happy you solve it now; should it happen again, just go through the same procedure .

Messaggio modificato da rooobb