Join now - be part of our community!

SACD's freezing on UBP-X800 Blu-Ray player

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Sycamore26
Explorer

SACD's freezing on UBP-X800 Blu-Ray player

If I play SACD's on my Blu-Ray machine and the TV is switched off, they regularly freeze, as if buffering, but if I play them with the TV switched on, they play just fine. Has anybody any idea why this is happening?  Does the machine need to have the TV on to work correctly even though SACD's contain no video information?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @Sycamore26,

by regulary you probably mean every five to ten minutes?

That has to do with the TVs standby, which pings the Google Clous every few minutes.

At this moment it will perform a handshake with the player for a split second which probably causes the issue.

Try unplugging the TV to test this suspicion of mine.

- Nic

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @Sycamore26,

by regulary you probably mean every five to ten minutes?

That has to do with the TVs standby, which pings the Google Clous every few minutes.

At this moment it will perform a handshake with the player for a split second which probably causes the issue.

Try unplugging the TV to test this suspicion of mine.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Sycamore26
Explorer

Thanks for the comment, and, yes, freezes roughly every 10 minutes. Your solution is, I think, spot on.

profile.country.GB.title
Sycamore26
Explorer

I tried your suggestion of unplugging the TV and it worked, so problem solved. Once again, many thanks.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

You're very welcome.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
trigital
Explorer

This is happenig on latest firmware as well. Unplugging can't be the right sollution.

profile.country.GB.title
Sycamore26
Explorer

I found that unplugging the Sony Bravia TV the player is connected to, did resolve the problem. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad