Join now - be part of our community!

Sony ARC doesn’t work.

profile.country.GB.title
TrekMadone.
Explorer

Sony ARC doesn’t work.

I have an STDNR1080 AV amp and the ARC feature does not work with my Samsung QLED TV. All leads, devices are fine, software is up to date etc. With the anynet feature enabled you cannot see the amp menu on the tv screen and you are unable to use the DVD player. My son got around it by switching the anynet off and running an optical lead for sound.

so if you are having arc problems go to settings and switch anynet off. Use an optical for sound which is actually faster and better quality than hdmi so you will get a better lip sync.

pretty disappointing though that the new feature does not work. Trek

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @TrekMadone., welcome to the Community.

Thanks for posting that solution, which is the best workaround for ARC issues like that. 

Have you asked on the Samsung forums if this is a common issue? Sony receivers usually work ok on 3rd party gear. 

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
TrekMadone.
Explorer

I changed my tv, moved Samsung to dining room and bought a new Sony Bravia. Arc is fine. But got problems with Bravia now. Sony software used to be so good. Not anymore. 

Oh the amp isnt isn’t clever enough to recognise HD transmission on Netflix that is not in 5.1 so the sound comes up all muffled. Netflix help centre explained. When I unplugged the ARC all was ok on the TV! But without the amp!

Trek