Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BDVE880.CEK Rear Speakers Problem

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
miiikkeyyyy
Visitor

Sony BDVE880.CEK Rear Speakers Problem

Before I start, I have searched the community for posts on my problem and have not encountered it.

My Problem

I have bought myself the "Sony BDVE880.CEK 3D Blu-Ray Disc/DVD 5.1ch Home Cinema BRAVIA Internet Video" and "Sony KDL40EX523BU 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Edge LED Internet TV with Freeview HD" from Amazon.co.uk.

I have set up the system as istructed from the manual. I have a HDMI cable from the Sony BDVE880.CEK 3D Blu-Ray Disc/DVD 5.1ch Home Cinema BRAVIA Internet Video from the HDMI Audio Out into a HDMI #2 slot on the Sony KDL40EX523BU 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Edge LED Internet TV with Freeview HD.

I have also connected my Sony Playstation 3 to the Sony BDVE880.CEK 3D Blu-Ray Disc/DVD 5.1ch Home Cinema BRAVIA Internet Video using the standard Red and White cable, given with the Sony Playstation 3.

I run easy install as I should.

With the Sony BDVE880.CEK 3D Blu-Ray Disc/DVD 5.1ch Home Cinema BRAVIA Internet Video turned on, I can hear white noise coming from all of the speakers.

Unfortunatly, when doing the audio test, no sound comes out of the "Surr L" and "Surr R" speakers at all.

Attempt To Fix Myself

I'm going to reset the Sony BDVE880.CEK 3D Blu-Ray Disc/DVD 5.1ch Home Cinema BRAVIA Internet Video back to factory settings on all. I'm going to go through a step by step guide of what happens next.

1. Click "Resetting".
  2. Click "Reset to Factory Default Settings".
  3. Scroll down to "All Settings".
  4. Click "Start".
  5. [waiting]
  6. System has now turned itself on.
  7. I turn on the system.
  8. I have now been promted with "Easy Setup".
  9. I set language to English.
  10. I select the video cable connecting the unit to the TV too "HDMI".
  11. Allow Intenet connections based on BD contents? - I clicked "Do not allow".
  12. Content information can be viewed when connected to Gracenote - I clicked "Auto".
  13. When turning on the unit, it is possible to shorten the start up time. - I clicked "On".
  14. Automatically adjust speakers to room environment. - I connect the calibration mic to the rear of the unit, in the correct port and click "OK".
  15. Center speaker outputs noise on all tests.
    Front Left outputs noise on all tests.
    Front Right outputs noise on all tests.
  16. Measurement complete.
    Front: Yes
    Centre: Yes
    Surround: None
    Subwoofer: Yes
  17. Easy Setup complete.

Conclusion

I have not done anything wrong in the way I have set up the home entertainment system, I think. Can someone please tell me if this is a fault, or if I have done something wrong.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
miiikkeyyyy
Visitor

Moderators moan about not giving enough detail, so when I provide ALL information I thought there'd be more chance of having a bit of assistance. Waste of time.

The product turned out to be faulty and I had to take it to a shop to get it fixed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
miiikkeyyyy
Visitor

Moderators moan about not giving enough detail, so when I provide ALL information I thought there'd be more chance of having a bit of assistance. Waste of time.

The product turned out to be faulty and I had to take it to a shop to get it fixed.