Join now - be part of our community!

TV input into BDV-E870

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
kachtel
Visitor

TV input into BDV-E870

Hi,

When I moved house I had all the wires for my home cinema system and TV chased into the wall. I only have one HDMI connection coming into my telly as I had assumed that I could handle everything else via the home cinema system.

My telly (Bravia) has in-built freeview so I never really worried much about the TV signal - just plugged in the cable into the TV. Obviously that option no longer exists given the current setup, but there didn't seem to be a way to connect the TV cable into the home cinema system either.

So I bought a freeview top-box, which then turned out only to have SCART connections. These are equally useless to me unless I convert them somehow.

So in short - does anybody know how I can handle TV input into my home cinema system without having to replace it? Is that possible at all?

Thanks

Tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

aside from the HDMI connection from your BDV-E870 to your tv you will still need to connect a tv aerial cable to the back of your tv to recieve freeview, the BDV-E870 does not have a built in freeview tuner so you cannot connect it up for that.

the freeview set top box will serve no perpose here.

should you want the BDV-E870 handle the tv sound then just connect an optical cable to both units.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bravia55HX

Hi,

aside from the HDMI connection from your BDV-E870 to your tv you will still need to connect a tv aerial cable to the back of your tv to recieve freeview, the BDV-E870 does not have a built in freeview tuner so you cannot connect it up for that.

the freeview set top box will serve no perpose here.

should you want the BDV-E870 handle the tv sound then just connect an optical cable to both units.