Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KD55XD8005 & Sony HT-CT390 cutting out.

davidJM2
New

Sony Bravia KD55XD8005 & Sony HT-CT390 cutting out.

Hi, I have a Sony bravia KD55XD8005 with a Sony HT-CT390 soundbar connected through a HDMI From the soundbar to the HDMI 3 (ARC) port on the TV. 

The soundbar is acknowledged by the TV and is linked to the subwoofer wirelessly without issues. If I access netflix or amazon prime etc from the TV and play video I get sound from the soundbar. 

I have a 4input 2 output switch box which my PS4, virgin media etc connect to then a HDMI from that to my TV. When I connect the hdmi into the TV (regardless of which hdmi port is used) the speakers switch from the soundbar to the TV Speakers after a couple a seconds.  If this is then removed and the hdmi cable from the soundbar is removed and reconnected the sound will switch back to soundbar. 

I presume it must be a setting I need to adjust? Struggling to find it or any information online for similar issues. Any help would be much appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi David, 

Welcome to the community. You could try disconnecting everything, then connecting them again and rebooting. You can follow the instructions here for connecting your Bravia KD-55XD8005 and Sony HT-CT390 soundbar. 

Keep us updated with how you get on. 

Thanks,

Pascale