Join now - be part of our community!

Sony RDR-HXD860 tuning from wrong transmitter

profile.country.en_GB.title
Rupert49
Visitor

Sony RDR-HXD860 tuning from wrong transmitter

I live about 20 miles from the Beckley (Oxford) TV transmitter but my Sony RDR-HXD860 currently sees the East Anglia transmitter as the strongest signal source.  I know this because when it comes to the BBC local news programmes (Freeview CH1) we should have BBC South Today, but the recorder transmits BBC Look East.  The TV's own tuner only loads signals from Oxford and they're all good, especially now analogue has been switched off.

I've been through the 'Easy Set Up' procedure to see if that might resolve things, but it still loads all the channels from all the transmitters around.  This causes conflict when recording TV programmes, as the incidence of blocking and drop-out has recently worsened - something that I don't always see until I watch a programme on a burned disc many weeks later, as is frequently the case with films.  Programmes viewed directly via the TV's own tuner are perfectly okay.

Is it possible to 'instruct' my recorder to only load signals from the Oxford transmitter?

0 REPLIES 0