Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DA2400ES HDMI Handshake issues

profile.country.en_GB.title
jabwylie1968
Visitor

STR-DA2400ES HDMI Handshake issues

I've had the amp for three years now and love it, but I now have a very odd problem.

Previously:

I have Sony Blu Ray, Humax , Apple TV and Xbox360 all connected via HDMI, whenever i turned the system on the amp picked up the dolby digital / dts feed automatically, no issues ever.

TODAY

Last week i powered everything off so I could change my TV, I didnt touch the amp, unplugged the HDMI lead from the TV, hung the new one on the wall, plugged the HDMI lead back in and powered everything back up.

Since then the amp will not handshake properly with anything. So if I select blu ray on my harmony remote it switches everthing over as usual , but the amp will not pick up the digital feeds? It defaults to LPCM .

If I turn off the amp's power (whilst leaving blu ray and TV on), then power back up it picks it up fine.

HELP

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
gzzsbj
Visitor

Hi, I've got exactly the same problem. Have to perform a soundfield reset to get to pick up the masteraudio digital track, otherwise LPCM only. Hope someone can help,. Just emailed sony tech support so will report again on what they say.

Cheers

Richard