Join now - be part of our community!

Sound but No picture

profile.country.NO.title
Raymond_B_
Explorer

Sound but No picture

Hi, I just got the TR-AN1000 receiver and have a problem. When connecting to my TV I get sound but no picture. If I connect the signals directly to the TV it works fine. Could it be the hdmi cable? Or some setting? The TV shouldnt be the problem since it works when plugging directly to the TV, right? When I look at the TV meny it says that nothing is connected though. I cant figure out whats wrong! 

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hey,

Can you explain more, how do you connect the receiver to the TV in both cases?

profile.country.NO.title
Raymond_B_
Explorer

TV signals into sat/catv and from TV out A to the TV (hdmi1 ARC). 

To make it work, the cable goes directly to any hdmi port on the TV. 

profile.country.NO.title
Raymond_B_
Explorer

It suddenly worked yesterday, have noe idea why. I have been in contact with Sony support and found out my TV wasnt updated even though its set on auto. It didnt help updating either, but yesterday while I was listening to music through Spotify I noticed that something happened. After that I could see the meny from the receiver on my TV.

I have no idea why, maybe it was updating or something in the background.. I dont know, but now its working, and its great🙂

profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

I'm glad to hear that it's working for you now. I'd recommend you to check another HDMI cable, just make sure to get high quality HDMI 2.1 cable.