Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN1040 Missing Features I cannot live without (SONY Take Note)!

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

STR-DN1040 Missing Features I cannot live without (SONY Take Note)!

Well I hope the title grabbed SONY's attention?!

So I have just purchased the above device and much to my disappointment I discover that 'Gapless Playback' of Audio files is missing!!!! What on earth were Sony thinking?

In the this digital age such a feature is an absolute must if we are to enjoy our music. Sony have done an admirable job of giving us lots of connectivity and yet they have skimped on one of the most fundamentally important features!

I'm all for showing off my new device to anyone who cares to show an interest but I must admit I'm a little ashamed to reveal that glaring inadequacy.

Hopefully Sony can sort this out with a firmware update pretty quick, surely it wouldn't take too much tinkering with the internal coding.

Another obvious absent feature is any kind of screen saver. If we are forced to have our TV sets turned on for music playback via USB/iPod/iPhone then you would expect Sony to care enough about the longevity of our screens too!

Fingers crossed someone form Sony cares enough to do something about this, I'm sure there would be many who would appreciate such features.

We can only pray for a miracle!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

OK, so perhaps I was a little premature with my complaint here...

Since discovering 'Airplay' within iTunes I can now successfully stream my music to my receiver as god intended 'Gapless', hooray for small miracles.

Mind you it would still be nice to have that feature enabled for USB music playback too. I guess the complexities of such a request are perhaps beyond Sony's technical abilities for now. 😞

Still, at least I don't need to have the TV powered on to use Airplay, maybe that was Sony's intention all along? I pity anyone who doesn't own a computer though.

Ho Hum...

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

OK, so perhaps I was a little premature with my complaint here...

Since discovering 'Airplay' within iTunes I can now successfully stream my music to my receiver as god intended 'Gapless', hooray for small miracles.

Mind you it would still be nice to have that feature enabled for USB music playback too. I guess the complexities of such a request are perhaps beyond Sony's technical abilities for now. 😞

Still, at least I don't need to have the TV powered on to use Airplay, maybe that was Sony's intention all along? I pity anyone who doesn't own a computer though.

Ho Hum...