Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN1040 - SUBWOOFER LOW after Firmware reset

profile.country.GB.title
5mashing
Explorer

STR-DN1040 - SUBWOOFER LOW after Firmware reset

Hi guys, 

Had STR-DN1040 (with Pioneer SHS-100 5.1 Speakers) for about 2 years working with an old 55" Samsung LED tv, all was well.

Recently, I invested in a new Samsung UE65MU6500 4K curved TV, had issues with HDMI connection immediately between TV and Sony STR-DN1040 (no set-up GUI - Watch/Listen/Sound Effect/Settings) - exactly as  experienced by other Sony STR-DN owners out there!.

On recommendation from Sony support, moved HDMI connection on TV and , reset Amp firmware back to Factory (Hold Power button for 5 seconds until CLEARED is displayed). The GUI is back but now I am just NOT getting any serious performance out of my subwoofer - it is working but the thunder is gone! I have been through full Speaker set-up including Level calibration using Calibration mike.... Getting sound from all speakers, all sound normal when tested or even live ...except the Subwoofer channel - getting some sound from SW but it has lost most of its thunder, even when the level is set to maximum. 

So far, I have :

Reset the Firmware back to Factory yet again - no change

Checked all connections bewteen Amp-SW - no change

Re-calibrated speaker set-up using Mike - no change

No Calibration Speaker set-up - no change

Change HDMI input ports - no change

Change HDMI- Output Port - no change

change sound settings - no change

I have literally exhausted all I can think of!

What's even more puzzeling is that now and again when the Amp is switched OFF and then switched back on after a prolonged period, it displays the Set-up screen (Easy/Advance) like it is just being re-installed again! It seems to want to go through the installation set-up again, adn again! Does anyone know if there is a battery inside?

Either way, it still does not anwer the low subwoofer. 

Help! 😞       Any suggestions welcomed!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi and welcome to the community, 5mashing.

The support page for your STR-DN1040 here has a search function that might pull up some useful info. Failing that, you could contact support again here with an update of your recent tests to see if they have any more guidance for you. 

Best wishes,

EdwinaU