Join now - be part of our community!

SVR-HDT500 freeview /PVR

Drsteve22
New

SVR-HDT500 freeview /PVR

My SVR-HDT500 is just under two years old.The first one was replaced under warranty and the second has been somewhat fragile and temperamental since new. It has recently become worse - it has deleted all the saved recordings and when going into the (now empty) title list it freezes. The only way out is to switch the unit off and then on again. When it powers up it then switches itself on and off about 4 or 5 times (each time with press the red button displayed in the TV screen); eventually the red button display goes away and the unit works again - albeit without the saved programmes and knowing it will freeze again.

I have checked the firmware version and it is 8585 - which is current.

It is the worst Sony product that I have ever owned; any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
Batfinkk

Have you tried resetting it to factory settings and seeing if that makes a difference?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In addition to batfinkk's suggestion above, I would also recommend you using the "Repair Disk" function.

From the main menu, goto Others > Disk > Repair Disk and follow onscreen instructions.

However, if you are still having problems after that, you may need to get an authorised Sony Repair Centre to look at it.  See link : HERE

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi there Drsteve22,

If you need any further troubleshooting suggestions to try, I recommend contacting Sony Support and they would be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Pascale_F