Join now - be part of our community!

UPDATED ***RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue***

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

UPDATED ***RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue***

Hi all,

To avoid having several thread son the same subject I thought I'd try an let you know what I believe has happened so far, please don't shot the messenger after all I am only a user like yourselves & DO NOT WORK FOR SONY..

As you all have noticed Sony do not have technical support on the weekends, one of the 'Experts' noticed several users posting regarding RDR machines either stuck in Update or Digital channels missing and emailed one of our contacts in Sony this morning but as far as I am aware there has not been a reply..

I have also noticed that the newly appointed Community Managers have as also flagged this issue to their dedicated team (see post), unfortunately as it's the weekend I wouldn't expect any information to made available until Monday..

Quinnicus has posted two temporary workarounds that will hopefully allow you to use your RDR's..

For those stuck in Update please click HERE

For those with the No Digital Channels Issue please click HERE

I can imagine that you are frustrated by the lack of official response from Sony but could I ask that rather than creating several threads on the subject you instead just click on Me Too on this thread that will indicate how many users that have visited the forum are affected by the problem..

I am affected by the current RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue & have clicked on Me Too

UPDATE:

Hopefully the EPG is on your Sony RDR devices should now be back to normal..

I would like to thank all the Community forum members who helped in assisting others through this problem..:smileythumbsup:

167 REPLIES 167
slatlec
New

Mine is the same in Sheffield. Part of 4G ?

Egometto
Explorer

Thank you, Thalamus.  I found both the workarounds worked for me—but I'd love to get back to normal working.

SonyFixWanted
Explorer

Same problems on model RDR-HXD770.  I've already spent hours trying to fix the machine, and hours trawling the internet before finding details on this site.  Friday night was a ridiculous time for Sony to issue a corrupt 'update'.

barrudde
Explorer

Machine tried to update again in the night and now not working again? !
profile.country.en_GB.title
niwilfo
Explorer

The France option has at least enabled the stations to be retuned but has left the system in Guide plus mode. Prior to this I had looked at the firmware update as my recorded had locked in update and noted that my recorder shows version 1.15 Syscon Release 348. I had noted the following on the sony site "RDR-HXD790 / 795 /890 / 895 / 990 / 995 / 1090 / 1095  as sold in all countries have a problem that  Digital channel disappear . In order to resolve this issue, we have provided a firmware update to version  1.24 ." when I tried to use this it stopped after about a couple of seconds. I just hope it doesnt take a long to fix as the last sony problem I had took.

I have noted more comments on http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/Home-Cinema-Projectors-Players/RDR-HXD890-DVD-has-no-Digital-channels... regarding this and recommend other look there as well

profile.country.GB.title
stevied

Yes all well and good but still no word from Sony. Do you really expect me to believe that we have to wait until

Monday to have a major corporation fix our problem? The USA facebook page is full of apologise but then it would be as they expect a certain level of service while we just roll over and say, "Well I am sure they are dealing with it." Well I for one am going to look into the possibility of a refund from Sony. I am afraid that because of their complete lack of responce to this problem a standard apology will not do.

profile.country.GB.title
boug1966
Explorer

me too

have applied France fix but need EPG back

profile.country.en_GB.title
bolehill
Explorer

I have had the same problem with an RDR-HXD995.

I have done the quick fix/soft reset thing with the on/off button and that got rid of the UPDATE message.  Then I did a replace all channels and now cannot get any channels at all, let alone EPG.

I gather form the tone of all the other messages on this and other threads on the same problem that we have to wait till Monday before we can get in touch with Sony as to what to do next?

pewrigh38

change the location to FRANCE or BELGIUM in easy setup and rescan, that will get the channels back as a temporary solution. you will lose the epg but as its the epg causing the issue it will have to wait for the permanent fix during the week I would assume
ajpotter
Explorer

Tags (1)