Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@wilsonmfw 

Its not software or hardware related.  Its simply the case that vTuner has switched the service off on some devices, and limited services on others.

Awaiting further updates.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
keteimporta
Explorer

Hi from Spain,

I've bought a BDP-S5200 two days ago, mainly because that device is able to connect to internet radios using vTuner. Up to now it is unable to connect to the service.

If Sony doesn't fix this problem, I will be very angry.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hi there,

Just to be clear, Sony do not own vTuner they are a separate company! Many of us are affected by this issue at the moment and all any of us can do right now is sit tight and wait for a resolution. It's not ideal but we have no other options at present.

richardc79

Hmmm looks like another soap is developing arount Sony and vTuner!

I mean, after more then a month offline it seems now that vTuner has really limited there internet radio function to sony devices. In my case (i own a CMT-700ni) all the radio stations i used to listen to are not available anymore.

A couple of stations are available but is very limited so the vTuner service become useless for me again.

I again will send an email to to there (dramatic) support department, but it looks like the vTuner story isn't over yet. 😞

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

Given that vTuner has been adopted by Sony as their portal of choice albeit a separate company, having had the debacle of a couple of months ago and now the current situation with stations not being available, it begs the question as to why Sony do not change their provider to one that is more reliable. I have two other media devices that source an alternative web radio provider and have no problem! A simple software/firmware update and we would all be able to resume 'normal' service once again!

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@wilsonmfw 

You make a very good argument and one which has crossed my mind too. Why do Sony stick with such an unreliable provider such as vTuner, there must be other's available? How does that old saying go..., placing all your eggs into one basket.............?!!

Maybe it's not so simple to fix this with a firmware upgrade?? For one, it's worldwide issue affecting many devices, this won't get fixed overnight that's for sure! The best we can hope for right now is that vTuner switch the service back on again making a firmware upgrade unnecessary. Fingers crossed......! 

Perhaps Sony can look to providing us with an alternative more reliable provider in the future once normal service has resumed, I would hate to see this happen for a third time.

audrey84

I am living in France and own 2 CMT MX750NI and I have also and again the same problem, many radio stations dont work , like "radio swiss jazz".

But... I never had any problems with my Q2 radio ( http://www.q2radio.co.uk/ ), its also working with vtuner and does perfectly well, so find the error... :worried:

pisasax
Explorer

Hi all!

just received this message by Sony Community Mailer but it seems there isn't any thread in this discussion...:

Hello Guys this is vTuner support. This issue regarding support for Sony products has to do with contract issues and Sony's absolute shark like mentality. Sony made promises to vTuner regarding only using vTuner exclusively for internet radio and they broke those promises. vTuner gave Sony a amazing deal based on these promises. Sony had been told about this latest turn off and also limiting of service but refused to even move one inch from their shark like behavior. They could have prevented this but refused to. To provde the vTuner service to the level that vTuner provides this service costs a lot of money and a lot of effort by a large team. vTuner will not provide this service for almost no cost to companies that break promises. vTuner spent a lot of money to integrate with Sony's products and we did this for free. And then Sony breaks it promises. They are a bunch of sharks!

profile.country.GB.title
Goosfrabaaaah

yeah, I got the same message.

I guess big brother deleted it... :wink:

Maybe there's more going on in the background, shame this is all fought over the customer's back.

Would love it if they just adopted tune-in radio just like on the ps3, it's just soo much better and you get to choose if you want to upgrade and you can use it with your account on multiple devices without having to redo all your favorite channels...

CANNOT PLAY => CANNOT BUY that crap.

SONY/SEN and VTuner relationships is not our concern ! SONY is the sole responsible for this situation. If vTuner cut their services it's surely for some good reasons. If it is not then SONY must provide another source for Internet radio. SONY should give direct access to all Internet Radio providers directly

This repeating situation is really BAD and I propose again that we make SONY the publicity it deserve on all social networks, forums and audio websites just before Xmass sales...