Join now - be part of our community!

Widescreen issues using DLNA on BDP-S370

profile.country.en_GB.title
steviep43
Visitor

Widescreen issues using DLNA on BDP-S370

I own a Bravia KDL40EX403 and a BDPs370. I use both to stream movies from my PC using DLNA using Serviio. On my Bravia all movies no matter what the aspect show in widescreen, but on my blu-ray if the original is 4:3 it will show it 4:3. I've tried using Windows Media Player Home Network instead of Serviio with the same problem so it must be a blu-ray setting. Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Steve

3 REPLIES 3
Catmambo
Contributor

Tried just adjusting the zoom on the TV using the button on the TV remote at the top whcih looks like a crosshair with arrows?

thanks

steviep43
Visitor

I have and it doesn't make a difference whether it's on 'fullscreen' zoom or 4:3. Seems the blu-ray is outputting what the TV thinks is a full screen picture but in fact isn't

stnorth78
Visitor

I have a similar set up and use a NAS system running a version of Twonky Media Server. I only stream material to my S370. I don't see a reason to connect both my 32EX403 TV and my S370 BDP to the network.  I also found that my 4:3 aspect ratio standard definition MPEG-2 recordings would always be displayed in stretched 16:9 full screen on my TV. The aspect ratio control on the TV cannot be used to correct this as a 4:3 option isn't available when the HDMI input is set at 1080p. I found a solution to this problem when I streamed a 4:3 aspect ratio recording that had been remuxed to M2TS format. This displayed properly on the TV in 4:3 aspect ratio. So now I always remux my 4:3 aspect ratio MPEG-2 format material to M2TS format using the freeware tsmuxerR software from SmartLabs. This remuxing software is also useful if you want to play MPEG-2 format material using the USB input on a Bravia TV. There is a discussion on this software in the Bravia forum.

Regards,

Steve.