Join now - be part of our community!

M4 aqua Headphone Jack issue

sefakuscu
Visitor

M4 aqua Headphone Jack issue

The Headphone Jack is not working. The right channel is complety deaf. It's not the headphones or A software problem. Is there anybody who have a problem like that or is it just me? And is there anything i can do?
Tags (2)
20 REPLIES 20
zpunout
Visitor

Is a workaround to this issue possible with USB earphones?

Npng200g
Visitor

I have had the same problem for months. But I think mine is a problem with the jack itself.
zpunout
Visitor

Is it possible that the headphone jack circuitry can get damaged by a faulty set of headphones? For example, a set of headphones which has had the cable pulled could possibly develop a short circuit which then damages the (overly delicate) sensitive electronics in the phone. I ask this because in the past, I have seen a laptop damaged from a faulty USB mouse which had frayed wires.
Treggen
Visitor

Same problem for me to. It seems like it´s a very common problem that glitch in the earphone jack.

Sofi881
Visitor

I have try things you recommended but I have still problem whit headphones. They were working just fine and suddenly the phone doesn’t recognize them. There is no notification for them also.

The headphones are working fin on another device.

zpunout
Visitor

Found another workaround other than Bluetooth. Install SoundAbout and use it to force output to earphones. Sony, if you are reading this then please create a free app which also performs this workaround.
kayko12
Visitor

Is fixing this issue is supported by Sony warranty or will they claim that is user's fault and charge for repair?
Bigcock
Visitor

Mines just gone aswell, must be a design fault?
Kellzo
Visitor

Same bought a pair of skull candy in ear headphones for the m4 aqua and I took it to the shop where we took out the contract and they said it should not be doing that tried everything that they could think of which included a hard reset and the suggestions that are in the forum nothing worked
Russellm4aqua
Visitor

Can't use any headphones with my m4 aqua every time I plug them into the jack at the top I have a message pop up saying headset not supported. Use another headset or try Sony mobile support site for more information. It happens with all headset including what came in the box with the phone. Pls pls can someone help. Thanks

Tags (1)