Join now - be part of our community!

Phone Stuck On Boot Screen Loop - HELP!

SOLVED
TheOnlyPrincess
Visitor

Phone Stuck On Boot Screen Loop - HELP!

Hello!

My phone, Xperia M is stuck on the Xperia Boot Screen (with the colourful waves).

This happened today after I downloaded and installed Xperia Foggy Theme from Google Play Store. I selected the theme and it successfully changed to Foggy but as I went to unlock the screen, to go back into the phone to check my notifications, the screen would not come on. I pressed the power/lock key many times and the screen would not come on.

I pressed and held the power button until the phone showed some sign of life and this is when the Xperia Waves appeared. I took the battery out and replaced it to force shut down the phone but the phone wont boot further than the Wave screen.

I have removed the sim card and memory card from the phone and plugged the charger in hoping this would help but nothing.

I have also tried to connect the phone to the PC Companion but my PC will not detect the phone as the phone wont switch on. So i cannot try the repair option on PC Companion. 

I have also tried pressing the Power Button and Volume Up Key until the phone vibrates but it does not do anything.

Is there anything else I can try to fix my phone? And will it be costly to get it repaired by Sony?

Please help! Thank you! Slightly_smiling_Face

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thommo
Genius

To perform a system repair

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)

Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the onscreen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
Not applicable

U can repair yr phone with Sony PC Companion or Sony Update Service when yr phone is turn off... Try it... It not helps bring to place where u bought,  if u have warrenty, it must cost nothing to u, if no - depents prices in yr country Slightly_smiling_Face

TheOnlyPrincess
Visitor

Thank you for your reply! I will try the PC companion with the phone switched off and see if it works! I thought it would not connect if it was turned off entirely Slightly_smiling_Face

Thommo
Genius

To perform a system repair

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)

Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the onscreen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

Not applicable

TheOnlyPrincess, welcome, i hope it works, good luck... Let me know or everything will be fine after that Winking_Face U just will restarting this why yr phone factory settings, so u lost yr stuff which is in the phone memory (if u don't have back up, do it if u can), but maybe better lost some things (if u can't do back up), neither lost phone... U must re-install phone software, so Sony PC Companion and Sony Update Servive is the good way to do that Winking_Face Good luck Winking_Face

By the way everytime u must turn off phone when u repairing yr phone with mentioned programs, just when u updating it u can turn on, but program still automatic shut dowing yr phone in update process... When u repairing, it doesn't matter when yr phone is turn off, coz program still detecting which model u repairing Slightly_smiling_Face So it's official and u can do that everytime than u have any problem like that, but problem is that, that u must set all yr settings again and u losing stuff which is in the phone memory Slightly_smiling_Face So always do or have back up of yr phone Winking_Face

TheOnlyPrincess
Visitor

Thank you euphorics and Thommo for your help! I eventually managed to repair my phone via the procedures mentioned! PC Companion is a great tool!

My phone seems to working fine now! So hopefully it wont do it again - but if it does I now know what to do thanks to you both! Slightly_smiling_Face

Luckily I had backed up all my data yesterday and managed to restore my contacts and messages onto my phone. All my photos were safe and sound on my memory card.

I hope this thread can now be of use to anyone who encounters the same problem as I did Slightly_smiling_Face

THANK YOU!!! :smileysmileythumbsup:

Not applicable

TheOnlyPrincess, welcome Winking_Face It was pleasure to help you Winking_Face Great that worked Winking_Face U can write here if u need help everytime Winking_Face

Arshad8226
Visitor

Hey tell me
There is whatsapp folder in internal storage, which contains audio, photos etc,
Will it also be deleted by updating by pc companion,
I have also the same problem, i installed a theme, then suddenly,, it restarted and stucked at animated screens..

Tags (2)
Raja_94
Visitor

Hai..!I have a xperia m dual,

The problem happened when i installed a new theme from play store. I selected the theme but it doesn't changed and the phone gets hanged, then i removed the battery and placed it again and switched on , then the SONY and XPERIA logo arrives and then colourful waves it is not booting after the waves.

Again  I replaced the battery and I pressed the volume up and power but its not booting further than the waves.

I have also tried connect the phone to the PC Companion but my PC will not detect the phone, as the phone wont switch on. So i cannot try the repair option on PC Companion. 

Is there any solutions to overcomr this problem.

Please help.!:smileysad:

JohnFG
Visitor

hi there, 

appreciate the info given for other use previously but i seem to be missing the repair option on my pc companion.