Join now - be part of our community!

sony xperia m4 lost pin code

xperiam43
Visitor

sony xperia m4 lost pin code

hi i have forgotton the pin code to sign onto the phone ,i have tried  several resolutions on the internet,going into emergency call mode putting in a string of numbers,,nothing works,does anyone know a fix that works,,,thanks

1 REPLY 1
Jonas
Master

Hi @xperiam43, welcome to our forum!

There are two ways to remove your screen lock, but in both cases, the device will be reset and all data stored on in the internal storage will be deleted.

You can either reset the device by performing a software repair using Xperia Companion on a computer, or reset the device using the Google service called Find My Device.

To reset the Xperia device using Find My Device

1. If your SD card isn't encrypted or used in a corporate environment, remove it before you perform the reset. Turn off the Xperia device before you remove the SD card. Turn the device back on when you have removed the SD card.
  2. On a computer or in a mobile browser, go to www.android.com/find.
  3. Sign in to the Google Account that you previously added to your device.
  4. If you have more than one device, select the device that you're locked out of at the top of the screen.
  5. Select Erase. Be aware that this action will permanently erase all of your data, for example, your apps, photos and music. After you erase the content of your device, Find My Device will no longer work on it.
  6. After you remotely erase the content of your device, you can set up your device again with your Google account and a new screen lock.

Keep in mind that you may need to verify the ownership of the device with the Google account that is added in your device, so it's important that you have access to this account.

I hope that answers your question! Slightly_smiling_Face