liuisangel
Visitor

the touch of my screen does not respond

el táctil de mi pantalla no responde

the touch of my screen does not respond - GT

1 REPLY 1
Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @liuisangel, I am sorry to hear about this.

I have translated your question to English as this is an International forum, please post any replies in English and it will be easier for me and other users to assist you.

Has the touchscreen stopped responding completely or is some parts of the touch screen still responding? If you are able to access the phone settings it would be great if you were able to test the functionality of the touch screen. In order to do this, Find and tap Settings > About phone > Support > Xperia tests > Touchscreen.

Another thing that you can try is to remove any kind of case or cover from the phone in order to verify it's not interfering with the touchscreen. If this does not manage to improve the functionality of the touchscreen, I would recommend that you try to to perform a software repair using a computer and Xperia Companion. Please note though that a software repair will erase all user data, so remember to do a backup of your user data first. 

If none of these measures improves the functionality of the touchscreen I suggest that you get in contact with your local support team. They can help you to have your phone sent to an authorized service center to be examined and repaired as you mentioned. If you have any questions regarding the service, such as routines, warranty and consumer laws, these type of questions are best answered by your local support team as well, as they vary between markets.

Try these measures and let me know how it goes!