Join now - be part of our community!

M4 AQUA water damaged my camera!

ispammee
Visitor

M4 AQUA water damaged my camera!

4 days ago i took my phone to the sony service centre for a cracked screen replacement and flaps replacement , it took them nearly 2 months to get my phone screen replaced and they ensured me that my phone can be submerged underwater, today, after 5 days, all caps were closed, i submerged the phone, it was fine but i found water vapour in the front and the back camera lenses but the phone was working smoothly, i opened the camera app, but i was shocked 😲 i got error message saying cannot connect camera, tried flashlight toggle but flashlight didntdidn't open, troed rebooting and doing it again bbut nothing! Tried the diagnostic app in the dev settings but nothing! my phone was covered buy the Warrenty when i replaced the screen, what shall i do? Will they take my phone again for 2 months again to fix the camera? Or will they replace it for me as they are the ones who told me it is waterproof? Or i am f*ed please help me, note: ipaid for the screen replacement and the flaps 110usd, sry for my bad English, i am Egyptian
6 REPLIES 6
CameronT
Champion

I'm sorry to hear about your experience @ispammee.

In this situation though, your only option will be to contact your local support team again and arrange another repair. I cannot comment on what the process will be, whether they will replace it or not, as different regions will have different processes. You should discuss that with your local support team.

Good luck.

SaibalRoy100
Visitor

Hey bro same thinks happen with me, after one time service few month letter i take photos under water then i found water vapour in the front and the back camera lenses but the phone was still working. The next day morning when i open my xperia then i shocked that my phone is completely dead. I went to sony service center and told all the incident, i'm again shocked when they said that

these is your fault because we are always say that waterprof mobile are waterprof when all caps are close i say that all caps are close but they don't agree......

removed by alexdon

A_d_a_m
Visitor

My sony m4 aqua was waterproof but i used underwater and after notice cameras ( front and back ) were steamed with water vapour, i try opening the camera n snapchat app but it doesnt work as camera has stopped , i dont have warrenty on phone but everything else works , what do i do ?? Pls help me 

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@A_d_a_m

waterproof or water resistant it's meant for protecting your phone from rain or accidental spills, with that said, you could place the phone in a container with rice for 24 or 48 hrs 

you can also contact your Local support

A_d_a_m
Visitor

Eventhough the phones is working smoothly, the sd has started to stop then come bqck on but cameras are still off, i will try the rice but dont think itll work, thx tho 

Yeeterbuddy
Visitor

Same thing happened to me so I'm just gonna break it. I got a new phone anyway lmao