Join now - be part of our community!

Stuck in an eternal loop

SOLVED
ArandomGuy
Visitor

Stuck in an eternal loop

My m4 shut down  suddenly for no good reason that i can think of (all i can remember is that both my mobile data and bluetooth were active, the battery was at 20%, and i was about to mkae a call when it turned off). I tried turning it on and it seemed to be working, up to the point where i had to put in the PIN, then it shut down again. I tried one more time and same result. I tried again but this time, the screen  was looping on the purple wave animation, and at regular intervals there would be the message “android is starting, optimizing x application of 20”, as if it were turning on again.

My phone had been stuck in that loop for a while and i turned it off with the off button near the SD card slot, and i tried turning it on holding the power and volume up buttons, but that didnt work.

Is there any way to solve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jonas
Master

Hi @ArandomGuy, sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face

Do I understand correctly that the device is currently not powered on and you are not able to power it on? If it that is the case, try charging it for a couple of hours and see if you are able to turn it on again.

If you are able to turn it on and you experience the same behaviour, try removing your SIM and/or SD cards from the device and see if there any change.

Keep me posted!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jonas
Master

Hi @ArandomGuy, sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face

Do I understand correctly that the device is currently not powered on and you are not able to power it on? If it that is the case, try charging it for a couple of hours and see if you are able to turn it on again.

If you are able to turn it on and you experience the same behaviour, try removing your SIM and/or SD cards from the device and see if there any change.

Keep me posted!

ArandomGuy
Visitor

Thank you very much @Jonas phone is working once more Grinning_Face_with_smiling_Eyes

Jonas
Master

That's awesome news @ArandomGuy! Slightly_smiling_Face

You're very welcome and let me know if there are any other questions.

Have a fantastic weekend!