Join now - be part of our community!

Broken display, cannot screen unlock. HELP!

SOLVED
tycoon1
Visitor

Broken display, cannot screen unlock. HELP!

Hello! The display of my Xperia S has broken and now i cannot  unlock the phone. How can i unlock phone and access to my data and contacts from google account or PC (USB) for backup? Please help! It`s very important!

Tags (1)
29 REPLIES 29
Bonce82
Visitor

Superb thanks, usb mouse worked for me too. Once screen is locked pc companion will not work
Shields
Visitor

I cracked the screen on my xperia z3 compact and the top half of the screen doesn't respond to touch. I tried connecting a mouse with the usb adapter that came with the phone but it was unresponsive. I think it needs to have the screen unlocked for it to function. Help?
vjr
Visitor

Alas, this so cute idea didn't work – Sony Xperia 3, the OTG cable, Logitech M100 (purchased just for this try:)

Any idea, hint?

Alias2006
Visitor

My screen cannot unlock the pattern coz the screen is broken and cnnot detect some parts of the screen.

Annab29
Visitor

Hi i have forgotten my phone password what should i do as i hace a 4 month old baby and i need to get on it 

Pangejanus
Visitor

Thank you so much!

Never having a Sony phone again.

lili95
Visitor

HELP!!!

I have a similar problem. The screen of my sony xperia z5 compact cracked. now everything still works (screen, alarms, sounds etc.) but not the touchscreen itself. I tried the one with the on to go cable and a mouse, but that one doesnt work with mine, as I dont see a mouse symbol on the screen as soon as i turn the phone on... what can I do??? I do need the pictures that are still on teh phone as they are from my dad who just passed away! Help me please!!

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@lili95

You have to restart the phone after you connect the cable

lili95
Visitor

I can not restart the phone, as i need to click something on the touchscreen which doesnt work.

does it also work like that if the battery is dead, and i plug the OTG cable in and tghen charge the phone and turn it on?

kat14
Visitor

my phone is locked and i forgot my pattern can you please help me