Join now - be part of our community!

Broken display, cannot screen unlock. HELP!

SOLVED
tycoon1
Visitor

Broken display, cannot screen unlock. HELP!

Hello! The display of my Xperia S has broken and now i cannot  unlock the phone. How can i unlock phone and access to my data and contacts from google account or PC (USB) for backup? Please help! It`s very important!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dquilon
Contributor

The first thing that comes to my mind is to get a USB On The Go cable... (the one with a female USB port at one end, and it plugs into the microUSB port of your device) so you can plug in a USB mouse.... and use the mouse to unlock your pattern...

If your security system is a word or pin number, you might want to connect a keyboard...

The problem is if the screen is not viewable, since you can't connect the HDMI cable to TV without unlocking... anyway if this is the case, try unlocking blindly...

Remember to remove security after unlocking...

Hope this help

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
reaverscav
Visitor

Try sony pc companion. You can also back up all files there.
tycoon1
Visitor

Unfortunately, pc companion asks for screen unlocking too.

Thommo
Genius

If your phone still works but the screen is broke then PCC will be able to backup your data or you should still be able to access it via My Computer or Computer from the Start menu - For contacts to extract or see your contacts from your backed up file which will have an extension .dbk,

If you change the extension to .rar and open with winrar you'll see a folder named Applications open this and you should see a folder named com.sonyericsson.android.socialphonebook within this folder there are several files starting with the symbol @ - There will be 1 without this symbol - open this file with notepad and there is your contacts list - Same for txt messages look in Applications then com.sonyericsson.conversations all files without the @ symbol are your backed up txt messages

Problem is you will have to retype the names etc back into your phone

Photo's and Music will also be in the extracted folder but in a differently named folder

The is a program called mymobiler hxxp://www.mymobiler.com/  (Change xx to tt if needed) however i'm not sure if you need to do anything on your phone to allow the split screen viewing.

tycoon1
Visitor

Unfortunately, pc companion as a My computer waits for screen unlocking on device and don`t go to next steps.

Thommo
Genius

That is strange - I take it your contacts were not linked to your Gmail account if they are then sign into Gmail click on Gmail above Compose then select Contacts and they will be their

tycoon1
Visitor

My contacts have not synchronized from android before. In Gmail contacts only e-mails.

tycoon1
Visitor

MyMobiler does not found my device (adb does not see Xperia usb connection)

Thommo
Genius

Probably because you need developer option ticked and usb debugging enabled both of which due to your screen not working can't be done

dquilon
Contributor

The first thing that comes to my mind is to get a USB On The Go cable... (the one with a female USB port at one end, and it plugs into the microUSB port of your device) so you can plug in a USB mouse.... and use the mouse to unlock your pattern...

If your security system is a word or pin number, you might want to connect a keyboard...

The problem is if the screen is not viewable, since you can't connect the HDMI cable to TV without unlocking... anyway if this is the case, try unlocking blindly...

Remember to remove security after unlocking...

Hope this help