Join now - be part of our community!

Camera does not work at all. Always says "error, camera not available"

kaiman
Visitor

Camera does not work at all. Always says "error, camera not available"

I recently bought a used xperia v.  When I tried to to test the camera, a message popped up saying "error, camera not available". Anyone had a similar problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert
Alaa_ElSaman
Visitor

I just bought that phone a week ago and it was shipped with Android 4.1.2, so, I did not find this problem ( Camera Error ) until I installed a specific app from Android App market "Call Recorder" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.enlightment.voicecallrecorder&hl=en).

I didn't figue out that relation between xperia v and that app until I tried a lot of stuff like Factory Reset and even "Sony Update Service SUS" but whenever I uninstall that app the phone video recording get fixed and back to normal again.

So, I just wanted to help others and mention that every Sony Xperia V owener should NOT ever install that app because it malfunction the phone video recording.

Long Live Sony Slightly_smiling_Face

dany28
Visitor

I had the same problem, I installed the same app and I didn't noticed any problem untill I tried to use the Video camara, I looked in the internet trying to find a solution but nothing helped. I didn't want to restart my phone, I finally looked here and fortunately I saw your coment, I just uninstalled the app and my Video camara, the voice recorder, etc work again.
I'm so happy I love my phone and I though there was something wrong with it. Thanks for your comment you just saved me a lot of truble, I was already thinking ti take it to the service 😉
ingee2022
Visitor

I have the same problem at the moment. My camera does not work at all. I have reset My phone with Sony pc companion but that has no effect. Any suggestions i could do?
Sam
Legend
Legend

@ingee2022 - Sorry for the delay but I have just noticed that you did not get a reply. if you are still having the same problem with your handset I would strongly advise returning the phone so that it may be assessed by an authorised repair agent.

sharmila30
Visitor

Same problem with my new xperia c which i got yesterday n i am trying to install the recommended software now. But can anyone let me know that until the installation is complete can i not switch on the phone??

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Just repair via sony update service:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

Once the repair is complete,you will be able to use your phone.

alexdon
mceepamie
Visitor

i had a sonyericsonxperia and each time i want to use the camera it says camera not available
Dinesh1
Visitor

I have a sony c3,I have to say that I am very unhappy with the rear camera. It has the worst video recording, it keeps on refocusing that the entire video appears blurred. Even the photos are not sharp. The photos which are taken appear as if edited, when i zoom in it appears blurred. I hope there is no hardware problem. So please release an update to fix this problem. Also please fix the refocusing problem